Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Feminist Blog - What A Novel Idea...

Do a Google search on "feminist blogs" and you won't have any shortage of reading material. These blogs range in material from historical, political, pop culture, and more (I even found a redneck feminist blog). So what makes this one different? Probably not much except that unlike the other blogs out there I agree with 100% of the content on this one. So with that logic, for anyone but myself it may not differ at all.

I am starting this blog to share my experiences with feminism. I fall into that 20-something group of women that doesn't necessarily associate themselves as readily with feminism. The reasons for this are all over the place. They may find it unnecessary in this day and age, or hard to relate to, most likely though they just don't care. Apathy is the biggest problem. Young women should care.
Women young and old should never stop caring. And I think just as importantly men should care too.

I will end with this quote from Ani Difranco's Grand Canyon:
Coolest f-word ever deserves a fucking shout!
I mean why can't all decent men and women call themselves feminists?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com